Tuesday 25 October 2016

Spina Bifida Awareness Month


Oliver has been sitting up for a short time, for the past few weeks. Which we are all excited about. It’s so cute seeing how proud he gets of himself. Which he should, as this is a big achievement...Today is WORLD SPINA BIFIDA AND HYDROOCEPHALUS DAY! It's not easy at times to be a mom who worries when your child has Spina Bifida, as we don't know what to expect with his health and life. And it's scary for a mom. I want other Spina Bifida families to know, your family is going to function like a normal family. Your family is going to do wonderful fun things…. Once we've adjusted to our new fun journey with Oliver. I know that everything is going to be alright. Yes life can be hard at times. But Oliver gives me more smiles and giggles then any body. Oliver picks up on people's moods and loves with a great capacity… Oliver has shown me what life is truly all about. I wouldn’t change a thing. You are perfect to me. Thank you for being you. It is an honor to be on this Spina Bifida journey beside you. Together, we will weather every storm. Love your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment