Saturday 21 January 2017

Oliver's First Year

Our first year we learned to adapt to our "new normal.” I remember thinking when I was pregnant. How am I going to do this… you just do. You find strength you never thought existed within you and you fight for your child. I know there is the chance Oliver will need more surgeries in he future, but worrying about the future does me no good. I rather enjoy every step of our journey with my three kids and create fun lasting memories.


Over this past year we have had so many lessons, so many trials, so many blessings and wonderful memories. Oliver has been the perfect addition to our family. Our family was blessed with a sweet little boy.  Lincoln and Lacey adore him. Oliver steals your heart the moment you lay eyes on him.  Oliver gives us more smiles and giggles then anybody could have ever dreamed of.  He is smart, funny, loving, kind and stubborn. We wouldn't change anything about him. Given his challenges it is hard some days but it has made us appreciate life more and cherish the little moments. It is part of who he is but it is not who he is. He has shown us what life is truly all about. To never give up and to smile through all things. You are a well loved little boy. Happy First Birthday Oliver!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment