Saturday 14 July 2018

Accessible Park

I have always loved taking my kids to the park/playground. Since Oliver parks frustrate me. As majority of parks aren't accessible so it means Oliver can't play on them with all the other kids. If a park has a swing set that saves us big time, as I can either push him (if there is an infant swing) or swing with him (bit tricky but still doable). If there isn't a swing then parks can be very challenging and frustrating. I don't like to see him miss out on all the fun so Josh and I usually take turns hauling him up the park and going down the slide, which he loves. We switch on and off as carrying a 27 lbs. + toddler up a park can be very tiring. We try to go to the park when we both of us can go to make things easier. If parks have rubber flooring then he's usually just happy to roll around in his wheelchair. We have one park in Lethbridge the city we live, it that was made for this exact purpose of being accessible. We love this park tucked away on the west side. It has ramps that aren't too step so a child in a wheelchair can actually go up on their own.



No comments:

Post a Comment